Teaching English in Taiwan!
Taiwan's teachers' board is providing a discussion forum for anyone involved in teaching or learning English. Improve your English!
  Teachers board
Teaching English and living in Taiwan

Welcome to the ESL activity board. We provide a discussions forum for teaching ESL in Taipei, Taiwan. The Bulletin board is for ESL job search and classifieds free for schools and teachers. Teaching English as a second language to young students has many different concepts. We are grateful for anyone sharing his/her thoughts and experiences in this forum!
Chat at Taiwan-taipei.com
Choose a nickname

You are not logged in.
LoginLogin Join for freeJoin for free
MessagesMessages SearchSearch HelpHelp StatStatistics
ChatChat VotesVotes FilesFiles CalendarCalendar BookmarksBookmarks
Urgent inquiry

First   Previous   Next   Last
Thomas
New PostCreated: 2007-07-20, 02:53 PM CET  Subject: Urgent inquiry  print  print thread  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Hi,

I am currently residing in Taiwan, trying to fix a teaching job but since I dont' come from an English speaking country my visa application has been rejected. Do you have any suggestions how to go about prolonging my stay and finding a job to pay my expenses?

Any replies much appreciated, there's only two weeks before my visa expires.

Please contact me at:

cheers pals

Susan
New PostCreated: 2007-07-20, 06:00 PM CET  Subject: Re: Urgent inquiry  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Hi!

If your visa is expendable, you can stay up to 6 month. All you need to do find a legitimate reason for staying longer and then go to the headquarters for visa extension. You'll need to go there before your visa has expired! Don't be late!

Purposes for staying in Taiwan can be attending Chinese classes, or other studies recognized by the government.

One of them is Association of teaching Chinese formerly known as Pioneer language Institute. It's on Hoping E road Nr 200 6 floor near Shida university.

You'll have to register there first, get some papers from them and then apply your visa extension.

Good luck

Thomas
New PostCreated: 2007-07-29, 02:01 PM CET  Subject: Re: Urgent inquiry  print  recommend Reply with Quotation  

Thanks very much for the advice. Much appreciated.

thomas

Sortierung ändern:  
First   Previous   Next   Last
Page 1 of 1
Go to:   
Search