Sie sind nicht eingeloggt.
LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe StatStatistik
ChatChat VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
Vao
SUPERBANANE

New PostErstellt: 30.05.08, 21:58     Betreff: Re: Friday's My Cup'O Joe Woche 11

- Mike Carey schreibt eine vierausgabige Mini Serie mit dem Titel X-Men: Manifest Destiny. Iceman wird eine grosse Rolle drin haben.

-2009 werden wir wohl ein Event haben mit den Marvel Super Villains, siehe Namor Mini Serie.

-und JQ über Greg Land
Hey Joe,
I just want to start by saying how much I have enjoyed these Joe Fridays for the past few years. I'm a big fan!
Given the fact that Greg Land's history of plagiarism is well-documented, why put him on such a high profile book as Uncanny X-Men? I know he sells well, but seeing the same faces and bodies copied over and over distracts me from the story. Plus, it sends a terrible message to aspiring artists! The cover to Uncanny 500 has already been dissected into little bits of plagiarized work, and his run hasn't even begun yet. Marvel has some phenomenally talented artists who deserve a shot at Uncanny much more than someone who doesn't produce entirely original work.
Please tell me something will be done about this!

JQ: See, here's the problem Kevin: I personally feel that Greg is getting a raw deal from certain fans. First, a little history…
Ever since the dawn of time, artists have been taking inspiration from outside sources. And ever since the dawn of photography, using photos as reference. What makes it seem more prevalent today than ever is that the 'net makes it easier for fans to find the same photo ref that our artists are using. I'm no different than Greg in this matter. I use photo ref quite often. Sometimes I take it myself, other times I dig it up. And I'm not alone here. What's happened with Greg is that it's become a witch hunt and way too many people are having way too good a time hurting a tremendous artist's reputation when he isn't doing anything that is any different than any of us. Every line he draws now comes under scrutiny and in so many cases, people are "seeing" things where are none. Here's the thing, if you've ever met Greg you would see what a lovely guy he is and how much love he has for comics. He also happens to be a guy who works very hard to meet his deadlines, and from that point of view, he's better than most of us, and the kind of artist so many fans wish we had more of. I could go on and on about how many times Greg has bailed us out from some very bad deadline crunches. Like John Romita Jr., he's a real team player, and has come through in the clutch more times than I can remember. He's a hard working guy, but there are some online fans that are giving him a raw deal.

Simply put, his books do sell very well because he draws beautifully. If you don't like it or how he goes about it, that's cool, I get it, so just don't buy the books he draws. I don't see why it can't be as simple as that, rather than taking the time and energy to try to get a lynch mob together to hurt a really great guy. I don't understand what value anyone can take from that?

Here, let me put it to you this way and forgive me for speaking frankly. I want you to close your eyes after reading this and imagine this possible scenario. Lets say you got what you wanted and through your efforts such a stir occurred through fandom and every publisher that Greg Land was no longer working in comics and couldn't do what he loved to do; what he was meant to do to support his family. Would you feel better? Could you sleep at night? If the answer to both of these questions is yes, then I guess there's nothing more than I can say on the subject outside of keep doing what you're doing. If the answer is no, and if you can imagine for a moment what it would be like to be on the other side of this, well, then I leave it up to you.

See ya in the funny books,
JQ

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=92159514&blogID=400954034&Mytoken=586F24BD-538A-405C-A9A6BAF103CB952E22812450

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ändern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 159 von 5.243
Gehe zu:   
Search