LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
The reason I was subdued was because McDonald finished most

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
zhangzk
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 21.12.18, 03:20  Betreff: The reason I was subdued was because McDonald finished most  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

With one big play Womens Le'Veon Bell Jersey , Vance McDonald showed what a difference-maker he can be for the Steelers “Old McDonald had an arm, E-I-E-Oh. I can’t believe what he did to that guy! Is that even legal?” I don’t think I was ever as subdued while watching a Steelers’ score as I was this past Monday night, when tight end Vance McDonald was finishing off a 75-yard touchdown catch-and-run in the first quarter of what would turn out to be a 30-27 victory over the Buccaneers. I figured a penalty for a personal foul had to be forthcoming, thus wiping out the play. Why? Because of what McDonald did to Tampa Bay defensive back Chris Conte, stiff-arming him to the Injured Reserve list (not literally — he had a prior knee injury — but Steeler lore will claim this to be the case years from now). After receiving a short crossing-pass from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger on a 3rd-and-10 play late in the first quarter, McDonald stuck his hand into Conte’s face with such great force it knocked him to the ground. Then McDonald leaped over his prone body on his way to the end zone for Pittsburgh’s first touchdown of the night. While I didn’t react to the play from the comfort of my uncle’s living room, the same couldn’t be said for McDonald’s teammates on the sidelines, who enthusiastically reacted in unison and encouraged him as he finished off his epic induction into social-media immortality (GIFs of McDonald as a slice of pizza and Conte as a pineapple have already been spotted and confirmed). GIFs and clever writing aside, what McDonald demonstrated on Monday night was the dimension to the Steelers’ offense that only he can bring — if only he can stay healthy. The staying healthy part has been a problem for McDonald ever since the Steelers acquired him from the 49ers late in the summer of 2017, which is why the best highlight of his career before Monday night was a previous 75-yard touchdown catch-and-run (sans stiff-arm) against the Panthers in 2016.For the night Youth Jordan Berry Jersey , McDonald caught four passes for 112 yards plus the aforementioned epic touchdown. He averaged a whopping 28 yards per reception against Tampa’s defense, besting the almost equally impressive 27.6 yards per catch that teammate — and fellow tight end — Jesse James averaged eight days earlier in a 42-37 loss to the Chiefs in Week 2. But the difference between McDonald and James might have been best illustrated later in the game, following McDonald’s touchdown, when Roethlisberger found James on a little crossing pattern in which the Steelers’ fourth-year tight end had one defender to beat as he rounded the corner. Had James been able to get past his defender, he might have had a big gain down the sideline. Instead, he went down immediately after contact. Nothing against James, as I think he’s turned himself into a pretty decent weapon in Pittsburgh’s offense. But he doesn’t bring to the table what McDonald does. He doesn’t add that same level of threat to the Steelers’ passing game. If Vance McDonald can stay healthy for the rest of the season, he might stiff-arm his way into the upper-echelon of NFL tight ends. But even if he doesn’t do that, he’ll add a new and dangerous element to the Steelers’ already-potent offense. Thanks in large part to Le’Veon Bell’s continued absence, the Pittsburgh Steelers have never had so much salary cap space available in midseason as they do right now.
With $9,057 Youth Jesse James Jersey ,999 in cap room currently showing on the NFLPA public salary cap report, the team actually has enough funds to consider trading for a talent like Patrick Peterson.However, with the Steelers’ financial projections for 2019 not looking quite so comfortable, making such a commitment to Peterson would require them to make some difficult choices during the offseason. With just 37 players currently under contract for next year, Pittsburgh has just over $17 million in salary cap space showing on their account, based on an estimated league wide cap figure of $188 million and including a rollover of almost $9.06 million.When the obligatory futures signings are made at the end of the season, the Steelers will add at least another 14 players to the roster at a minimum salary of $495,000 for a total cost of $6,930,000. Taking this figure into account, Pittsburgh projects to be more than $10 million under the cap heading into 2019 Womens Maurkice Pouncey Jersey , a number that should be expected to rise over the coming weeks with Bell essentially paying $855,529 back into the account every Saturday. Based on numbers from OverTheCap.com, only four teams in the NFL are projected to have less effective cap space than the Steelers next year. But while they find themselves in familiar territory when compared to their peers, Pittsburgh’s cap situation might not be as dire this time around as it has so often seemed in the past.Despite having 14 unrestricted free agents to worry about, only a handful of them figure to be costly to re-sign. The contracts of players like Bud Dupree and maybe even Morgan Burnett offer the front office some notable cap savings if the team decides to go in another direction and a possible contract extension for Ben Roethlisberger would offer some cap relief in year one over his current figure. If the coaching staff envisage any of Joe Haden, Maurkice Pouncey or Marcus Gilbert playing for them beyond 2019, there are saving to be made with extensions for all of them as they enter the final year of their contracts. Adding Peterson from the Arizona Cardinals would require Pittsburgh to find room for his $11.25 million cap hit next season and $12.3 million total the year after. While not an impossible task, it is of course worth noting that his remaining 2018 cap hit of around $6.5 million would eat into the rollover amount the Steelers are currently projected to carry into 2019. As much as Peterson’s addition would hamper the team’s ability to be active in free agency next year, it would be a price worth paying for someone of his talent. That being said, it would not be a surprise if the team’s own internal projections about their cap situation were enough in their own right to stop them considering the move.

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search