LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
distance calculator updated

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
Jemma
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 15.10.19, 19:31  Betreff: distance calculator updated  drucken  Thema drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

The calculator does take into consideration the elevation, the fresnel zone, the earth curvature. It currently does not tell you exactly how big your towers need to be, but it will tell you that you need a big tower, if there is difficult elevation, or earth curvature that disturbs the 60% fresnel zone.

Of course, this is a synthetic calculator (theoretic). Real life has things like interference, weather and other factors that will reduce possible distances.
A known bug, that in Chrome, the elevation graph doesn't support hover over specific hill. Currently does work in Firefox/Safari.

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Vicente
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 15.10.19, 19:32  Betreff: Re: distance calculator updated  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

But if you can't put the exact gps coordinates for the Tx Rx points, and tower weight (isn't same if I have 2m or 5m tower) is only to play.
Another small think, doesn't fit the configuration panel and the "Reset" "Calculate link" button in the same screen, need to scroll.
Is my 1600x900 monitor resolution to small, I don' think all peaple use fullhd resolution. Maybe you can decrease a little that config panel window.

Travis
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 15.10.19, 19:32  Betreff: Re: distance calculator updated  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Zitat: Vicente
    But if you can't put the exact gps coordinates for the Tx Rx points, and tower weight (isn't same if I have 2m or 5m tower) is only to play.
    Another small think, doesn't fit the configuration panel and the "Reset" "Calculate link" button in the same screen, need to scroll.
    Is my 1600x900 monitor resolution to small, I don' think all peaple use fullhd resolution. Maybe you can decrease a little that config panel window.
Maybe I'm using this wrong, but it appears to me that if I select a product the calculator fills in the maximum power of that product, and then doesn't let me edit that figure if the maximum power is more than I can use legally in my area.

Jemma
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 15.10.19, 19:33  Betreff: Re: distance calculator updated  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Currently the map appears to start in Riga (not sure why ?? hehe ) but it would be nice to have it default to the users default location ? Or allow passing start point via URL so we could add a link on our website and have it default to our own country ?

Vicente
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 15.10.19, 19:33  Betreff: Re: distance calculator updated  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Zitat: Jemma
    Currently the map appears to start in Riga (not sure why ?? hehe ) but it would be nice to have it default to the users default location ? Or allow passing start point via URL so we could add a link on our website and have it default to our own country ?
When determining average speed, note that it’s typically better to overestimate your travel time. For example, if you find that you travel at about 45 mph on backroads and 60 mph on the highway, it’s most beneficial to choose 50 mph as your average speed. This will leave extra room for any unexpected mishaps or additional stops. Plus, you are bound to feel much less rushed if you allot more time in advance.

Travis
Mitglied

While some calculators account for traffic, many do not. If you are traveling in populated areas at rush hour, then you’re likely to add on a couple hours. Likewise, construction is a potential drawback that can set you back. It’s tough to know what a day of traveling will bring, so be sure to use your best judgment when calculating driving time.

distance
Gast
New PostErstellt: 16.10.19, 13:38  Betreff: Re: distance calculator updated  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Each drivetime calculator is slightly different, and some offer more or less than others. Choosing one that suits your needs will deliver the most desirable outcome. For RVers, it is best to find a trip planning tool that allows you to enter your RV dimensions into the program to ensure the proper clearances for your RV along the route. distance calculator You don’t want to get stuck at a 10′ tall bridge with an 11′ tall RV!
Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search