LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge MembersMitglieder SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
http://www.giantsfanproshop.com

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
zhangzk
Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 20.03.19, 08:35  Betreff: http://www.giantsfanproshop.com  drucken  weiterempfehlen Antwort mit Zitat  

Atlanta Braves pitcher Sean Newcomb missed a no-hitter by one out during Sunday's contest against the Los Angeles Dodgers http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-panik-jersey , but his performance wasn't the only story.According to Steve Gardner of USA Today, a number of tweets including racist and homophobic slurs on Newcomb's Twitter page were dug up Sunday. Gardner noted the tweets from the 25-year-old Newcomb were from when he was an 18-year-old high school student.Twitter user NatsSquid shared some of them (warning: NSFW content), although Gardner noted some others containing homophobic slurs were deleted.squid NatsSquidSean Newcomb is cancelled 0KGrXXLm6ZGardner clarified the tweet including a racial slur was a lyric from a song by Drake, Lil' Wayne and Tyga."This is something that obviously can't be happening," Newcomb said, per Kelsey Wingert of Fox Sports South. "I feel bad about it. I don't mean to offend anybody. I definitely regret it."Newcomb wasted no time addressing the old tweets and explained his decision to discuss them in the immediate aftermath of Sunday's contest."I felt that it would be good to address it right away and just let people know that I meant nothing by it," he said, per Wingert. "I didn't mean to offend anybody and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again. I'll be smarter."Wingert added more from Newcomb:Kelsey Wingert KelsWingertSean Newcomb said he saw the tweets resurfaced when he was on his phone after today game and he wanted to get ahead of it and apologize Willie McCovey Jersey , so he asked the #Braves if he could meet with media now to issue statement.Kelsey Wingert KelsWingertWhen asked if he was worried about how stuff like this would play in the clubhouse, think that people who know me know that not the kind of person I am. #Braves Sean Newcomb FOXSportsBravesThe Braves also released a statement on the situation:Atlanta Braves BravesStatement from the Atlanta Braves regarding Sean Newcomb: T9kP9TF5d1This comes after Milwaukee Brewers relief pitcher Josh Hader made a number of headlines when old tweets including racist and homophobic language were discovered during the All-Star Game.While Milwaukee fans gave Hader a standing ovation during his next appearance at home, San Francisco Giants fans at ATT Park booed him during his first road appearance after the tweets resurfaced.Hader was not suspended, although he was ordered to go through sensitivity training. Tampa Bay’s shutout streak ended at 27 innings Tuesday night, tying the club record.But the Rays‘ pitching staff continued its roll behind ace Blake Snell to win their second game over the Kansas City Royals at Tropicana Field.Now, Tampa Bay sends Ryne Stanek to the mound against Kansas City’s Jakob Kunis in the third game of the series Wednesday night.Article continues below ...Snell, winning his 15th game of the season to further become part of the Cy Young talk, gave up a run in the fifth inning http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-mel-ott-jersey , but struck out 11 through six as he lowered his ERA to 2.07.The Rays won their third straight to go to four games over .500, matching their high-water mark for the season.“It’s amazing,” Willie Adames, who had three hits, including a home run, Tuesday, said of Snell (15-5). “You’ve been watching Snell the whole year — he’s been dealing this year. He’s been having a great year — he has great talent.”And the Rays have allowed one run during the mini winning streak.Told the 27 innings tied the club mark set in 2013, manager Kevin Cash said Hunter Pence Jersey , “It’s awesome. And we’re doing it with a bunch of young pitchers. I have no idea when (it was done last) but the guys that we’re asking to do it it’s been a huge team effort, pen effort, starter effort, opener effort. It’s pretty rewarding to hear that.”Reminded the Rays went to the playoffs in 2013, Cash said, “We better get going.”The Royals have scored one run in 25 innings since a six-run second inning at Chicago on Sunday.“We struck out 16 times tonight,” said K.C. manager Ned Yost. “It’s not acceptable. Just way, way too many punchouts.”Asked about Snell http://www.giantsfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-williams-jersey , he said, “He’s tough. He’s an All-Star — not an All-Star by accident.”Kunis is 6-11 with a 4.76 ERA. He has thrown three straight no-decisions — all Royals losses — but has allowed four earned runs in 16 1/3 innings in the three starts.He is 2-0 with a 1.35 ERA in two games (one start) against the Rays. Last year, he struck out 10 in 6 2/3 innings in defeating Tampa Bay.The current Rays are just 1-for-6 lifetime against Kunis.The Rays lost Tommy Pham to a dislocated right ring finger in Tuesday’s game. They announced x-rays were negative and said he is day-to-day.For K.C., Jorge Bonifacio was a late scratch with lower back stiffness. Rookie Ryan O’Hearn, a left-handed hitter, went into the lineup against tough lefty Snell and hit his first home run off a left-hander. That ended the Royals’ scoreless streak at 20 straight innings.Yost didn’t have much of an update on Bonifacio.Before the game, Yost said signs are pointing toward Danny Duffy coming off the 10-day disabled list to start the series finale Thursday night. Duffy threw a bullpen session Monday and reported no after-affects Tuesday.“I’m not going to put it in cement yet,” Yost said. “We’ve still got a couple of days to go Bruce Bochy Jersey , but it looks that way.”Said Duffy, out with left shoulder impingement that required an anti-inflammatory injection: “It went well. (My shoulder) loosened up as it went. This time of year, everyone has something going on (injury-wise), so I’ll give it a shot.“I feel like I’m at the point where I’m good. I feel like if whatever percentage I have left in the tank is good enough to dominate; I’ll give it a go.”

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Search