LoginLogin Kostenlos anmeldenKostenlos anmelden
BeiträgeBeiträge SucheSuche HilfeHilfe
ChatChat VotesUmfragen FilesDateien CalendarKalender BookmarksBookmarks
transferring a jetski to Germany from another country as a foreigner

Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Autor Beitrag
mother.nature
Jet-Beginner

New PostErstellt: 09.10.09, 11:53  Betreff: transferring a jetski to Germany from another country as a foreigner  drucken  Thema drucken  weiterempfehlen

Hi Guys

I have owned an RXT 215 for two years already. I have been using it on the Adriatic see in Montenegro, where I have lived and worked for 3 years now. I am Hungarian.

I seems that I will move to Bonn permanently because of work reasons, and I am thinking of moving my Seadoo with me, but there are several important questions:

1) the jetski is registered in Delaware, which is totally OK when you are a foreigner in Montenegro. Can I continue using it with the Delaware sticker or do I have to register it in Germany, pay customs and taxes, etc.? If yes, what is the cost?
2) i have obtained a Delaware boating course license, which allows me to drive the jetski in this country. Is that valid in Germany also or do I need to pass an exam for water vehicles in Germany separately?
3) i have a trailer to carry the jetski, but since the weight is below 600kg, it does not require a license plate in this country. Can I drive it to Germany or will I be stopped at the border of EU if the trailer does not have a plate?
4) what is the approximate cost of insurance, and to store it during the year?

many thanks in advance!

Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden
Njoy
Jet-Verrückter

New PostErstellt: 10.10.09, 22:06  Betreff: Re: transferring a jetski to Germany from another country as a foreigner  drucken  weiterempfehlen

2) you will need a german water vehicle drivers license
3) your type of trailer is not allowed in germany, has to have light's and licenseplate.
4) a insureance is not mandatory in germany but it is recommendet. Your RXP will cost approx. 200€/year.

[editiert: 10.10.09, 22:09 von Njoy]
GTom
Jet-Maniac

New PostErstellt: 11.10.09, 01:43  Betreff: Re: transferring a jetski to Germany from another country as a foreigner  drucken  weiterempfehlen

NO!

If you are hungarian and you live less than 1 year in Germany you need a hungarian driver license. if YOUR country does NOT require a driver license to drive a jetski you'll NOT need a license here! (only the first Year!)

Same with your trailer: If your country allows towing a trailer without a own licence-plate you can mount the same license-plate as you use on your car (if the car is registrated in the same country)

Entering the EU with your car you need the green insurance card that includes a trailer.

After you are registrated here in germany you have 185 Days to get a german driver- license and you'll need to get a german license to drive your boat.
Also your car (and trailer) is not allowed after this date to be used in germany...

(Edit: not shure about this, maybe theres a limit of 3months or less!?)

To your jetski- registration: the delaware- registration is not legal unless you are registrated as a citizen of delaware! Not even in montenegro! Or you need a registration in hungaria (country of your Passport) or you need a registration in Germany (where you live)

regards, Thomas

...Die Entdeckung der Vernunft...

[editiert: 11.10.09, 01:52 von GTom]
Benutzerprofil anzeigen Private Nachricht an dieses Mitglied senden Website dieses Mitglieds aufrufen
ralf.r
Jet-Profi

New PostErstellt: 11.10.09, 09:27  Betreff: Re: transferring a jetski to Germany from another country as a foreigner  drucken  weiterempfehlen

G-Tom, Spitzname "Das Orakel aus Germersheim"

DerDoc
Jetboot.de-Redakteur

New PostErstellt: 11.10.09, 12:53  Betreff: Re: transferring a jetski to Germany from another country as a foreigner  drucken  weiterempfehlen

to 1)
I'm not sure about the registration either, but as we have no annual tax or fee for boats registered in germany, it could be legal to run your boat with a valid foreign registration.
german registraion is inexpensive: approx. 40€ only once
if you consider importing it to germany, the costs will be 19% "import-salestax" plus 2,5% customs.
but you could also have the possibilty to avoid these charges, if you can declare the jetski as part of your personal goods while you move to germany.

to 4)
to store the trailer with the boat in a regular (personal) garage,
will cost you from 60 to 100 € per month.
in bonn (which is located next to the "rhein" ) there should be the opportunity to have a docking space in a marina (which I would not recommend).
the expenses for this will vary but will be more expensive than the garage

[editiert: 11.10.09, 12:59 von DerDoc]
yellowmagic
Ehemaliges Mitglied

New PostErstellt: 11.10.09, 14:20  Betreff: Re: transferring a jetski to Germany from another country as a foreigner  drucken  weiterempfehlen

if he is hungarian and imported the rxt " officially" , VAT and import duties have already been paid and therefore are not to be paid again in germany .......as hungary is a member of the union .......I'm not 100% sure about the current status of montenegro ...

..however , he might face another problem at certain naval registration offices ...they might want to see that fancy CE doc !!!!!.....which he is obliged to posess as a union's citizen importing an US- ski into the union !!

closedcourseracing
Jet-Maniac

New PostErstellt: 20.10.09, 08:07  Betreff: Re: transferring a jetski to Germany from another country as a foreigner  drucken  weiterempfehlen

i live 40 kilometers from bonn if you want to store your boat for first time until you have all things done contakt me

greets chris

#8 Chris"Hightower"Heikaus Team Jetattack
Sortierung ndern:  
Anfang   zurück   weiter   Ende
Seite 1 von 1
Gehe zu:   
Search